The materials below are based on the transduction protocol in this manual which has been optimized for HEK293 and K-562 cells. Depending on the characteristics of your specific cells, the choice of media or other cell culture specifics may be different.
- LentiTrans™ Transduction Reagent (Cellecta, Cat.# LTDR1)
- Puromycin (Sigma-Aldrich, Cat.# P9620-10ML)
- Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle Medium (D-MEM) (1X) (Corning cellgro™, Cat.# 15-013-CV)
- Glutamine (L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, Dipeptide L-glutamine) (Corning glutagro™, Cat.# 25-015-CI)
- Fetal Bovine Serum (Recommended: Corning, Cat.# 35-010-CV)
- Trypsin-EDTA, 1X (Corning, Cat.# 25-052-CI)
- Tissue Culture Plates and Related Tissue Culture Supplies
- HEPES pH 7.2-7.6, 1M solution (Corning, Cat.# 25-060-CI)
- MgCl2, 1M solution
Other than the specific reagents and instruments listed above, the protocols assume the user has access to standard materials (e.g., polypropylene tubes, pipette tips), equipment (table top centrifuges, pipettes, scales), and common reagents (e.g., TE buffer, ethanol) and buffers used in a typical life science laboratory.
Need more help with this?